Pronunciation: (stOO'dē-us, styOO'-), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/studious.html on line 81 [key]
1. disposed or given to diligent study: a studious boy.
2. concerned with, characterized by, or pertaining to study: studious tastes.
3. zealous, assiduous, or painstaking: studious care.
4. carefully planned or maintained; studied: a studious program to maintain peace.
5. devoted to or favorable for study.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.