Pronunciation: (stun), [key]
—v., stunned, stun•ning,
1. to deprive of consciousness or strength by or as if by a blow, fall, etc.: The blow to his jaw stunned him for a moment.
2. to astonish; astound; amaze: Her wit stunned the audience.
3. to shock; overwhelm: The world was stunned by the attempted assassination.
4. to daze or bewilder by noise.
1. the act of stunning.
2. the condition of being stunned.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.