Pronunciation: (stOO'pid, styOO'-), [key]
—adj., -er, -est,
1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless: a stupid question.
3. tediously dull, esp. due to lack of meaning or sense; inane; pointless: a stupid party.
4. annoying or irritating; troublesome: Turn off that stupid radio.
5. in a state of stupor; stupefied: stupid from fatigue.
6. Slang.excellent; terrific.
Informal. a stupid person.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.