Pronunciation: (sug-jest', su-), [key]
1. to mention or introduce (an idea, proposition, plan, etc.) for consideration or possible action: The architect suggested that the building be restored.
2. to propose (a person or thing) as suitable or possible for some purpose: We suggested him for president.
3. (of things) to prompt the consideration, making, doing, etc., of: The glove suggests that she was at the scene of the crime.
4. to bring before a person's mind indirectly or without plain expression: I didn't tell him to leave, I only suggested it.
5. to call (something) up in the mind through association or natural connection of ideas: The music suggests a still night.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.