Pronunciation: (sun'shīn"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/sunshine.html on line 75 [key]
1. the shining of the sun; direct light of the sun.
2. brightness or radiance; cheerfulness or happiness.
3. a source of cheer or happiness.
4. the effect of the sun in lighting and heating a place.
5. a place where the direct rays of the sun fall.
1. of or pertaining to sunshine laws: sunshine rules.
2. fair-weather (def. 2).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.