Pronunciation: (su-prēm', soo-), [key]
1. highest in rank or authority; paramount; sovereign; chief.
2. of the highest quality, degree, character, importance, etc.: supreme courage.
3. greatest, utmost, or extreme: supreme disgust.
4. last or final; ultimate.
Pronunciation: (su-prēm', -prām', soo-), [key]
suprême (def. 3).
Pronunciation: (su-prēm', -prām', soo-; Fr. sy-prem'), [key]
1. Also called sauce suprême. a velouté made with a rich chicken stock.
2. a dish prepared or served with this sauce, esp. boned chicken breast.
a. a bowl or the like designed for the serving of cold foods in an inner container that is nestled in cracked ice.
b. a dessert or appetizer served in such a container.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.