Pronunciation: (su-spish'un), [key]
1. act of suspecting.
2. the state of mind or feeling of one who suspects: Suspicion kept him awake all night long.
3. an instance of suspecting something or someone.
4. state of being suspected: under suspicion; above suspicion.
5. imagination of anything to be the case or to be likely; a vague notion of something.
6. a slight trace, hint, or suggestion: a suspicion of a smile.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.