Pronunciation: (swet'ur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/sweater.html on line 73 [key]
1. a knitted jacket or jersey, in pullover or cardigan style, with or without sleeves.
2. a person or thing that sweats.
3. an employer who underpays and overworks employees.
1. of, for, or pertaining to a sweater: sweater yarn; sweater fashions.
2. made like a sweater: a sweater dress.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.