Pronunciation: (swē'ping), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/sweeping.html on line 73 [key]
1. of wide range or scope.
2. moving or passing about over a wide area: a sweeping glance.
3. moving, driving, or passing steadily and forcibly on.
4. (of the outcome of a contest) decisive; overwhelming; complete: a sweeping victory.
1. the act of a person or thing that sweeps.
2. sweepings,matter swept out or up, as dust, refuse, etc.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.