Pronunciation: (swil), [key]
1. liquid or partly liquid food for animals, esp. kitchen refuse given to swine; hogwash.
2. kitchen refuse in general; garbage.
3. any liquid mess, waste, or refuse; slop.
4. a deep draught of liquor.
5. contemptibly worthless utterance or writing; drivel.
to drink greedily or excessively.
1. to drink (something) greedily or to excess; guzzle.
2. to feed (animals) with swill: to swill hogs.
3. Chiefly Brit.to wash by rinsing or flooding with water.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.