Pronunciation: (swish), [key]
1. to move with or make a sibilant sound, as a slender rod cutting sharply through the air or as small waves washing on the shore.
2. to rustle, as silk.
3. to move or behave in an exaggeratedly effeminate manner.
1. to flourish, whisk, etc., with a swishing movement or sound: to swish a cane.
2. to bring, take, cut, etc., with such a movement or sound: to swish off the tops of plants with a cane.
3. to flog or whip.
1. a swishing movement or sound.
2. a stock or rod for flogging or a stroke with this.
3. Slang (disparaging and offensive). an effeminate male homosexual.
1. Slang.swishy (def. 2).
2. Chiefly Brit. Informal.stylishly elegant; fashionable.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.