Pronunciation: (sing'kru-niz"um), [key]
1. coincidence in time; contemporaneousness; simultaneousness.
2. the arrangement or treatment of synchronous things or events in conjunction, as in a history.
3. a tabular arrangement of historical events or personages, grouped according to their dates.
4. Physics, Elect.the state of being synchronous.
5. Psychoanal.the simultaneous occurrence of causally unrelated events and the belief that the simultaneity has meaning beyond mere coincidence.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.