Pronunciation: (tôl), [key]
—adj., -er, -est,
1. having a relatively great height; of more than average stature: a tall woman; tall grass.
2. having stature or height as specified: a man six feet tall.
3. large in amount or degree; considerable: a tall price; Swinging that deal is a tall order.
4. extravagant; difficult to believe: a tall tale.
5. high-flown; grandiloquent: He engages in so much tall talk, one never really knows what he's saying.
6. having more than usual length; long and relatively narrow: He carried a tall walking stick.
a. seemly; proper.
b. fine; handsome.
in a proud, confident, or erect manner: to stand tall; to walk tall.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.