Pronunciation: (tek-nēk'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/technique.html on line 71 [key]
1. the manner and ability with which an artist, writer, dancer, athlete, or the like employs the technical skills of a particular art or field of endeavor.
2. the body of specialized procedures and methods used in any specific field, esp. in an area of applied science.
3. method of performance; way of accomplishing.
4. technical skill; ability to apply procedures or methods so as to effect a desired result.
5. Informal.method of projecting personal charm, appeal, etc.: He has the greatest technique with customers.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.