Pronunciation: (tem'pur-ul, tem'prul), [key]
1. of or pertaining to time.
2. pertaining to or concerned with the present life or this world; worldly: temporal joys.
3. enduring for a time only; temporary; transitory (opposed to eternal).
a. of, pertaining to, or expressing time: a temporal adverb.
b. of or pertaining to the tenses of a verb.
5. secular, lay, or civil, as opposed to ecclesiastical.
1. a temporal possession, estate, or the like; temporality.
2. something that is temporal; a temporal matter or affair.
Pronunciation: (tem'pur-ul, tem'prul), [key] Anat., Zool.
of, pertaining to, or situated near the temple or a temporal bone.
any of several parts in the temporal region, esp. the temporal bone.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.