Pronunciation: (tenth), [key]
1. next after ninth; being the ordinal number for ten.
2. being one of ten equal parts.
1. one of ten equal parts, esp. of one (1/10).
2. the member of a series preceding the eleventh and following the ninth.
a. a tone distant from another tone by an interval of an octave and a third.
b. the interval between such tones.
c. the harmonic combination of such tones.
4. Also called tenth's' place". (in decimal notation) the position of the first digit to the right of the decimal point.
in the tenth place; tenthly.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.