Pronunciation: (tûr'mu-nus), [key]
—pl. -niPronunciation: (-nī"), [key] -nus•es.
1. the end or extremity of anything.
2. either end of a railroad line.
3. Brit.the station or the town at the end of a railway or bus route.
4. the point toward which anything tends; goal or end.
5. a boundary or limit.
6. a boundary post or stone.
7. (cap.) the ancient Roman god of boundaries and landmarks.
8. term (def. 10).
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.