Pronunciation: (ter"i-tôr'ē-ul, -tōr'-), [key]
1. of or pertaining to territory or land.
2. of, pertaining to, associated with, or restricted to a particular territory or district; local.
3. pertaining or belonging to the territory of a state or ruler.
4. (of an animal) characterized by territoriality; defending an area against intruders, esp. of the same species.
5. (often cap.) of or pertaining to a territory of the U.S.
6. (cap.) Mil.organized on a local basis for home defense: the British Territorial Army.
1. (cap.) a member of the British Territorial Army.
2. a soldier in a territorial army.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.