Pronunciation: (tes'tu-fī"), [key]
—v., -fied, -fy•ing.
1. to bear witness; give or afford evidence.
2. Law.to give testimony under oath or solemn affirmation, usually in court.
3. to make solemn declaration.
1. to bear witness to; affirm as fact or truth; attest.
2. to give or afford evidence of in any manner.
3. Law.to state or declare under oath or affirmation, usually in court.
4. to declare, profess, or acknowledge openly.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.