Pronunciation: (tes'tu-mō"nē, or, esp. Brit., -mu-nē), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/testimony.html on line 77 [key]
1. Law.the statement or declaration of a witness under oath or affirmation, usually in court.
2. evidence in support of a fact or statement; proof.
3. open declaration or profession, as of faith.
4. Usually, testimonies. the precepts of God.
5. the Decalogue as inscribed on the two tables of the law, or the ark in which the tables were kept. Ex. 16:34; 25:16.
6. Archaic.a declaration of disapproval; protest.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.