Pronunciation: (thûr'mul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/thermal.html on line 75 [key]
1. Also,thermic.of, pertaining to, or caused by heat or temperature: thermal capacity.
2. of, pertaining to, or of the nature of thermae: thermal waters.
3. designed to aid in or promote the retention of body heat: a thermal blanket.
1. Meteorol.a rising air current caused by heating from the underlying surface, esp. such a current when not producing a cloud.
2. thermals.See thermal underwear.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.