Pronunciation: (thûr'ō, thur'ō), [key]
1. executed without negligence or omissions: a thorough search.
2. complete; perfect; utter: thorough enjoyment.
3. extremely attentive to accuracy and detail; painstaking: a thorough worker; a thorough analysis.
4. having full command or mastery of an art, talent, etc.: a thorough actress.
5. extending or passing through.
(cap.) Eng. Hist.the administrative policies of the Earl of Stafford and Archbishop Laud during the reign of Charles I: so called because they were uncompromisingly carried out.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.