Pronunciation: (thrō'u-wā"), [key]
1. made or intended to be discarded after use or quick examination: a throwaway container; a throwaway brochure.
2. delivered or expressed casually or extemporaneously: a funny throwaway line that brings applause.
1. something that is made or intended to be discarded.
2. a handbill, advertising circular, pamphlet, etc., intended to be discarded after reading.
3. Also called pushout. Informal.a youth who is unwanted or rejected by his or her family, the school system, or society in general.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.