Pronunciation: (thump), [key]
1. a blow with something thick and heavy, producing a dull sound; a heavy knock.
2. the sound made by or as if by such a blow.
1. to strike or beat with something thick and heavy, so as to produce a dull sound; pound.
2. (of an object) to strike against (something) heavily and noisily.
3. Informal.to thrash severely.
1. to strike, beat, or fall heavily, with a dull sound.
2. to walk with heavy steps; pound.
3. to palpitate or beat violently, as the heart.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.