Pronunciation: (tī'up"), [key]
1. a temporary stoppage or slowing of business, traffic, telephone service, etc., as due to a strike, storm, or accident.
2. the act or state of tying up or the state of being tied up.
3. an involvement, connection, or entanglement: the tie-up between the two companies; his tie-up with the crime syndicate.
4. a mooring place; place where a boat may be tied up.
5. a cow barn with stalls.
6. a stall allotted to each cow in such a barn.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.