Pronunciation: (ting'kul), [key]
—v., -kled, -kling,
1. to give forth or make a succession of short, light, ringing sounds, as a small bell.
2. to run one's fingers lightly over a keyboard instrument or to play such an instrument simply or badly.
3. Baby Talk.to urinate.
1. to cause to tinkle or jingle: The goat tinkled its bell every time it raised its head. Who's tinkling the piano?
2. to make known, call attention to, attract, or summon by tinkling.
1. a tinkling sound or tune.
2. an act or instance of tinkling.
3. Informal.a telephone call: Give me a tinkle before you leave for Europe.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.