Pronunciation: (tint), [key]
1. a color or a variety of a color; hue.
2. a color diluted with white; a color of less than maximum purity, chromo, or saturation.
3. a delicate or pale color.
4. any of various commercial dyes for the hair.
5. Engraving.a uniform shading, as that produced by a series of fine parallel lines.
6. Also called tint' block". Print.a faintly or lightly colored background upon which an illustration or the like is to be printed.
to apply a tint or tints to; color slightly or delicately; tinge.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.