Pronunciation: (top'ing), [key]
1. the act of a person or thing that tops.
2. a distinct part forming a top to something.
3. something put on a thing at the top to complete it, as a sauce or garnish placed on food.
4. toppings,the parts removed in topping or cropping plants, as branches.
1. rising above something else; overtopping.
2. very high in rank, degree, etc.
3. Chiefly Brit. Informal.excellent; wonderful.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.