Pronunciation: (top'sē-tûr'vē), [key]
—adv., adj., n., pl. -vies.
1. with the top where the bottom should be; upside down.
2. in or into a reversed condition or order.
3. in or into a state of confusion or disorder.
1. turned upside down; inverted; reversed: a topsy-turvy reflection.
2. confused or disorderly: a topsy-turvy classroom.
1. inversion of the natural order.
2. a state of confusion or disorder.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.