Pronunciation: (trā'lur), [key]
1. a large van or wagon drawn by an automobile, truck, or tractor, used esp. in hauling freight by road. Cf. full trailer, semitrailer.
2. Also called travel trailer. a vehicle attached to an automobile and used as a mobile home or place of business, usually equipped with furniture, kitchen facilities, bathroom, etc. Cf. tent trailer.
3. a person or thing that trails.
4. a trailing plant.
5. a short promotional film composed of clips showing highlights of a movie due for release in the near future.
6. blank film at the end of a reel or strip of film, for winding off the film in a motion-picture camera or projector. Cf. leader (def. 6).
7. Ceram.a can with a spout, used in slip trailing.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.