Pronunciation: (tran-sak'shun, -zak'-), [key]
1. the act of transacting or the fact of being transacted.
2. an instance or process of transacting something.
3. something that is transacted, esp. a business agreement.
4. Psychol.an interaction of an individual with one or more other persons, esp. as influenced by their assumed relational roles of parent, child, or adult.
5. transactions,the published records of the proceedings, as papers read, addresses delivered, or discussions, at the meetings of a learned society or the like.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.