—n.trans'plant", -plänt"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/transplant.html on line 75 [key]
1. to remove (a plant) from one place and plant it in another.
2. Surg.to transfer (an organ, tissue, etc.) from one part of the body to another or from one person or animal to another.
3. to move from one place to another.
4. to bring (a family, colony, etc.) from one country, region, etc., to another for settlement; relocate.
to undergo or accept transplanting: to transplant easily.
1. the act or process of transplanting.
2. a plant, organ, person, etc., that has been transplanted.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.