Pronunciation: (trezh'ur), [key]
—n., v., -ured, -ur•ing.
1. wealth or riches stored or accumulated, esp. in the form of precious metals, money, jewels, or plate.
2. wealth, rich materials, or valuable things.
3. any thing or person greatly valued or highly prized: This book was his chief treasure.
1. to retain carefully or keep in store, as in the mind.
2. to regard or treat as precious; cherish.
3. to put away for security or future use, as money.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.