Pronunciation: (trek), [key]
—v., trekked, trek•king,
1. to travel or migrate, esp. slowly or with difficulty.
2. South Africa.to travel by ox wagon.
South Africa.(of a draft animal) to draw (a vehicle or load).
1. a journey or trip, esp. one involving difficulty or hardship.
2. South Africa.a migration or expedition, as by ox wagon.
3. South Africa.a stage of a journey, esp. by ox wagon, between one stopping place and the next.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.