Pronunciation: (trīd'nt), [key]
1. a three-pronged instrument or weapon.
2. Rom. Hist.a three-pronged spear used by a retiarius in gladiatorial combats.
3. Class. Myth.the three-pronged spear forming a characteristic attribute of the sea god Poseidon, or Neptune.
4. a fish spear having three prongs.
5. (cap.) Mil.a 34-ft (10-m) submarine-launched U.S. ballistic missile with eight to ten warheads and a range of 6500 mi. (10,459 km).
Also,tri•den•talPronunciation: (trī-den'tl). [key] having three prongs or tines.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.