Pronunciation: (trim'ing), [key]
1. anything used or serving to decorate or complete: the trimmings of a Christmas tree.
2. Usually, trimmings. an accompaniment or garnish to a main dish: roast turkey with all the trimmings.
3. trimmings,pieces cut off in trimming, clipping, paring, or pruning.
4. the act of a person or thing that trims.
5. Informal.a beating or thrashing.
6. Informal.a defeat: Our team took quite a trimming.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.