Pronunciation: (trop'i-kul for 1–4, 6; trō'pi-kul for 5), [key]
1. pertaining to, characteristic of, occurring in, or inhabiting the tropics, esp. the humid tropics: tropical flowers.
2. very hot and humid: a tropical climate.
3. designed for use in the tropics or in very hot weather (often used in combination): tropical-weight woolens.
4. of or pertaining to either or both of the astronomical tropics.
5. pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a trope or tropes; metaphorical.
tropicals,lightweight clothing, suitable for warm, esp. summer weather.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.