Pronunciation: (trOO'unt), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/truant.html on line 77 [key]
1. a student who stays away from school without permission.
2. a person who shirks or neglects his or her duty.
1. absent from school without permission.
2. neglectful of duty or responsibility; idle.
3. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a truant.
to be truant.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.