Pronunciation: (trum'pi-tur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/trumpeter.html on line 73 [key]
1. a person who plays a trumpet; trumpet player.
2. a person who proclaims or announces something with a trumpet.
3. a soldier, usually in a mounted unit, whose duty is to sound the required trumpet calls.
4. a person who proclaims, commends, or extols something loudly or widely; eulogizer.
5. any of several large South American birds of the family Psophiidae, esp. Psophia crepitans, related to the cranes and rails, having a loud, harsh, prolonged cry.
6. See trumpeter swan.
7. one of a breed of domestic pigeons.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.