Pronunciation: (tru-stē'), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/trustee.html on line 71 [key]
—n., v. -eed, -ee•ing. Law.
1. a person, usually one of a body of persons, appointed to administer the affairs of a company, institution, etc.
2. a person who holds the title to property for the benefit of another.
3. (in New England) a garnishee.
4. a trusty.
1. to place in the hands of a trustee or trustees.
2. (in New England) to garnish.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.