Pronunciation: (tOO'nik, tyOO'-), [key]
1. Chiefly Brit.a coat worn as part of a military or other uniform.
2. a gownlike outer garment, with or without sleeves and sometimes belted, worn by the ancient Greeks and Romans.
3. a woman's upper garment, either loose or close-fitting and extending over the skirt to the hips or below.
4. a garment with a short skirt, worn by women for sports.
5. Eccles.a tunicle.
6. Anat., Zool.any covering or investing membrane or part, as of an organ.
7. Bot.an integument, as that covering a seed.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.