Pronunciation: (tûrk), [key]
1. a native or inhabitant of Turkey.
2. (formerly) a native or inhabitant of the Ottoman Empire.
3. a Muslim, esp. a subject of the Sultan of Turkey.
4. a member of any of the peoples speaking Turkic languages.
5. one of a breed of Turkish horses closely related to the Arabian horse.
6. any Turkish horse.
7. See Young Turk.
8. Archaic.a cruel, brutal, and domineering man.
2. Also,Turk Turkish.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.