Pronunciation: (tusk), [key]
1. (in certain animals) a tooth developed to great length, usually one of a pair, as in the elephant, walrus, and wild boar, but singly in the narwhal.
2. a long, pointed, or protruding tooth.
3. a projection resembling the tusk of an animal.
4. Also called gain. Carpentry.a diagonally cut shoulder at the end of a timber for strengthening a tenon.
1. to dig up or tear off with the tusks.
2. to gore with a tusk.
to dig up or thrust at the ground with the tusks.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.