Pronunciation: (tOO), [key]
1. a cardinal number, 1 plus 1.
2. a symbol for this number, as 2 or II.
3. a set of this many persons or things.
4. a playing card, die face, or half of a domino face with two pips.
5. in two, into two separate parts, as halves: A bolt of lightning split the tree in two.
6. put two and two together, to draw a correct conclusion from the given circumstances; infer: It didn't require a great mind to put two and two together.
amounting to two in number.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.