Pronunciation: (un-bend'), [key]
—v., -bent or (Archaic) -bend•ed, -bend•ing.
1. to straighten from a bent form or position.
2. to release from the strain of formality, intense effort, etc.; relax: to unbend one's mind.
3. to release from tension, as a bow.
a. to loose or untie, as a sail or rope.
b. to unfasten from spars or stays, as sails.
1. to relax the strictness of formality or ceremony; act in an easy, genial manner: Imagine him unbending!
2. to become unbent; straighten.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.