Pronunciation: (ung'kul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/uncle.html on line 77 [key]
1. a brother of one's father or mother.
2. an aunt's husband.
3. a familiar title or term of address for any elderly man.
4. Slang.a pawnbroker.
5. (cap.) Informal.Uncle Sam.
6. a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter U.
7. say or cry uncle, Informal.to concede defeat: They ganged up on him in the schoolyard and made him say uncle.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.