Pronunciation: (un"dur-run'), [key]
—v., -ran, -run, -run•ning,
1. to run, pass, or go under.
2. Naut.to pass beneath (a stretched rope, net, etc.) in a boat or the like for the purpose of inspection or repairs.
1. something that runs or passes underneath, as a current.
2. an instance of costing or spending less than estimated.
3. a production run of a manufactured or printed item below the quantity ordered.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.