Pronunciation: (un'dur-wô'tur, -wot'ur), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/underwater.html on line 77 [key]
1. existing or occurring under water.
2. designed to be used under water.
3. located below a ship's waterline.
beneath the water: to travel underwater.
1. the water beneath the surface: cold currents in the underwater.
2. underwaters,the depths, as of a sea, lake, etc.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.