Pronunciation: (un-fōld'), [key]
1. to bring out of a folded state; spread or open out: Unfold your arms.
2. to spread out or lay open to view.
3. to reveal or display.
4. to reveal or disclose in words, esp. by careful or systematic exposition; set forth; explain.
1. to become unfolded; open.
2. to develop.
3. to become clear, apparent, or known: The protagonist's character unfolds as the story reaches its climax.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.