Pronunciation: (un-gär'did), [key]
1. not guarded; unprotected; undefended.
2. open; frank; guileless: an unguarded manner.
3. exposed to attack or capture by the opponent without recourse by the player, as a card, chess piece, etc.: an unguarded queen of clubs; an unguarded pawn.
4. not cautious or discreet; careless: In an unguarded moment he had told her about his affair.
5. without a safeguard, as a cover, barrier, or shield, for protection: an unguarded buzz saw.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.